Tashi Kyil Monks
Six monks from Tashi Kyil Monastery in Dehra Dun, India tour the USA to educate the public about the culture and Buddhist religion of Tibet.
- Yeshi Rabgyal ordained by Geshi Kalsang at Tashi Kyil Monastery in Clement Town. Yeshi Rabgyal learned by studying hard and practicing daily the monastery’s rituals and prayers. After a short period, he began to study Tibetan Buddhist philosophy that includes the Six Perfection of Wisdom. Yeshi Rabgyal worked as the manager in the monastery.
- Kunzang Tenphel was born in Clement Town Dehra Dun. He began his studies at Mindrolling Monastery. While there he studied Nyingmapa sect, monastic discipline and logic until he was 18 years old. In 1984 he became a monk at the Tashi Kyil Monastery in Clement Town, Dehra Dun. He then began his studies of the Gelugpa Buddhist tradition, Tibetan Buddhist six perfections of wisdom, philosophy and sutra.
- Kalsang Gyatso was born in Dhomey in Tibet in the year 1981. In Tibet the year 1993 he was ordained as a monk in Shetsang Ghasar Monastery when he was 13 years old . He studied Tibetan Buddhist philosophy In Shetsang Ghasar monastery until i2000. When his age of 20 he hiked across the Himalayan Mountains and arrived in India as a refugee in 2001. Then he entered Tashi Kyil Monastery to study Tibetan Buddhist philosophy. He served for two years as the monastery’s a disciplinarian to look after the monks.
- Sangyal Gyaltso was born in 1974 in Tsomam Tibet. Before coming to India as a Tibetan refugee, he stayed in a monastery in Tibet for two years, became a monk, and studied Tibetan Buddhism, reading and writing there. In India he stayed at Drepung Gomang Monastery. He studied Tibetan Buddhism for 12 years including the six perfections of wisdom. Sangyal Gyaltso lives at Tashi Kyil Monastery working at the Dharma Institute.
- Avtar Singh was born on December 6, 1989 In Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh State. When he was twelve years old, he received permission from his parents to become a monk. After that in 2001, he entered Tashi Kyil Monastery. He began to study the Tibetan alphabet and reading and writing. He immersed himself in the study of Tibetan Buddhist prayers and rituals.
- Bhanu Pratap Singh Bouddh was born on February 18th 1986 in Uttarkashi, Uttarkhand State, India. At the age of eleven in 1997, he entered Tashi Kyil Monastery in Clement Town, India. Bhanu Pratap Singh Bouddh has studied Buddhism for the past 18 years and is currently studying the Prajanparamita (Perfection of Wisdom). In 2011, he also joined for two years, the Hindi Sanskrit workshop at the Central /university of Tibetan Studies in Sarnath, Varanasi.