Mani Retreat and Avalokiteshvara Empowerment
Led by Drupon Tsering Rinpoche
Thursday May 12 – Sunday May 15, 2022
9am – 6pm EDT
Avalokiteshvara Empowerment – May 12 at 7pm EDT
The retreat will be held in person at Drikung Dharma Surya Center as well as virtually via Zoom. Everyone at Drikung Dharma Surya Center welcomes you to join this special event!
Venerable Drupon Tsering Rinpoche is the resident Lama of the Drikung Garchen Institute of the Drikung Kagyu School of Tibetan Buddhism located in Munich, Germany. His life has been devoted to the Dharma from a very young age. His profound and inspiring biography is found at the Drikung Garchen Institut e.V. Center for Buddhist Studies and Meditation webpage.
The Mani Retreat is centered on the boundless love, compassion, and wisdom of Avalokiteshvara, whose mantra is OM MANI PADME HUNG HRI.
When we recite OM MANI PADME HUNG with the mind to benefit all beings, we are engaging in a profound method that transforms our impure body, speech, and mind to a pure state of body, speech, and mind. Reciting each syllable of the Mani mantra with a mind of bodhicitta closes the doors to the six realms of samsara and frees sentient beings from suffering.
“The more Mani mantras we recite, the more love will increase in the minds of sentient beings, the more hatred will decrease. The minds of beings will become peaceful and happy, which will also help one’s country. If the minds of humans become peaceful and happy, then also the minds of spirits will become peaceful and happy. The Mani mantra practice is supreme in order to bring about peace and happiness.”
~ H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
- Please click the ‘Zoom Info Request’ button below to receive Zoom access.
- The Mani Retreat will start each day at 9 AM and end at 6 PM EDT, with daily teachings and practices at the DDSC Shrine Hall.
- Practice books and lunches will be provided.
- You are welcome to attend the retreat as your schedule allows.
- Your Donations are deeply and gratefully appreciated, as they will be used to help operate and sustain the Center for the benefit of all beings. Anyone with a wish to participate is welcome to attend, and no one is turned away due to a lack of funds.
- Opening and Closing Prayers: Deity Yoga Sadhana Practice Book
- Mani Practice of Our Vast Noble Heart Chenrezig
- Chenrezig Drupon Tsering book 2
Approximate Schedule for Practice Sessions:
9:00am – 10:30am
11:00am – 12:00pm
2:00pm – 3:30pm
4:00pm – 5:30pm
We kindly remind you that all on-site attendants must be vaccinated and are encouraged to wear masks for the safety of all others. Also, if you have had contact with someone who was sick or you are not feeling well, please rest at home and consult with your doctor immediately.
To request the Zoom meeting information for this event, click the button below. If you do not receive the email, please check your Spam folder. Thank you!
DDSC offers downloadable Sadhana Practices and Teaching Texts as well as relevant Video and Audio Recordings of past events.
Donations are Gratefully Appreciated
Please click below to make a secure donation via credit card.
Use PayPal for Your Donation
Please click below to make your donation via PayPal.